I love these cookies. They’re easy to make and perfect every time. They’re crunchy, but not too crunchy.
Where did the recipe come from? Not sure anymore. I’m sure I started with an Internet recipe but it’s changed and morphed and handwritten these days. So… credit to the originator, but I don’t know who she/he is. Bummer, right?
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups King Arthur unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4-1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, combine the brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger; stir into the molasses mixture.
- Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll each ball in white sugar before placing 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. DO NOT SMASH THEM DOWN
- Bake for 10 minutes until center is firm and the tops are cracked and gorgeous… add a minute if needed
- Cool on wire racks.